Kapa Haka Festival

KAPA HAKA FESTIVAL!!!

We jumped on the bus ready to head down to the A&p showgrounds to have the Turanganui Kapa Haka Festival. We practiced in the bus by singing. Here's our songs that we sung, Tu Mai Ra, He Honore, Wainui E, Kapoiopoio and Puria Nei. We got there and we watched the Wai do the kapa haka and then continued onto the the stage. We did all our songs pretty right. The girls did their poi and then it was our turn. We came forward from the utaina mai haka and we finished. Next I know.....

KIA MAU HI! Hunters deep voice started the haka as me and Bjorn started with him. I could tell we were nervous because of how fast our aue aue aue ha. We were in  This was the time, we had been practicing for 3 whole terms so we must start strong and finish strong. We finish the haka so fast we were out of time with the taka hi.


I walked off the stage as we sing He Honore  I was exhausted, I blow a kiss to my mum. We go to the tent to take off our piupiu. I really wanted my pants on so I asked but then realized that I was going to take a photo so I keeped my pupu on and took a photo. We jumped on the bus and we sing on the way back it was so fun I could probably do it again!

Comments